Who does not like crepes?
Sweet, savoury, with fruits, with nut butters, with sirup, with cheese, with whatever you feel like… they go with everything. They are so versatile.
This is a very basic and simple recipe and It’s full vegan.
Let’s get this done!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 and 2/3 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp stevia
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Toppings suggested: strawberries, blueberries, PB, etc.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, oat flour, and cornstarch. Pour in the almond milk, stevia, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Whisk until everything is well combined and let it sit 5 minutes while you heat the skillet.
- Heat some oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Remove excess oil with a kitchen paper towel.
- Once the skillet is hot, pour about 1/3 cup of batter into skillet and tilt the pan with a circular motion to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 1 minute, until golden brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side for about 30 seconds.
- Stack the crepes on a plate to keep them warm. You can also cover them with a clean damp kitchen towel to keep the crepes from drying too fast.
- Serve warm or at room temperature topped with maple syrup and filled with berries, nut butter, etc.