1/3 cup ground flax meal
4 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter (for nut-free option, use sunflower seed butter)
2 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 servings (60 g) chocolate protein powder of choice (sugar free)
1–2 tbsp coconut oil, naturally refined
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more to coat the balls
2–3 tbsp dark chocolate morsels
- In a food processor, blend the flax meal, creamy nut butter or sunflower seed butter, and cocoa powder.
- Add protein powder, shredded coconut, and coconut oil and blend it until forming a smooth batter.
- Transfer batter into a large mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips or cocoa nibs. Roll the batter into one large ball, cover with plastic wrap, and place in fridge to firm up for about 20 minutes.
- Remove batter from fridge and then roll the dough into balls about the size of golf ball.
- Roll each ball in shredded coconut or seeds before storing in fridge or freezer (to harden) up to 2 months.